Sunday, March 9, 2014

Perspective.

It is strange to think that, even in a world without Mila, there is something to be grateful for; but I am.  I am grateful that we were able to get pregnant quickly and naturally.  That she was with us long enough that we have some very happy memories and funny stories.  That she, the sweet baby that she is, gave me a fast and uncomplicated labor.  That she was otherwise beautiful, healthy, and normal.  That there was no agonizing anticipation of problems in the months before she was born, nor any drawn out aftermath in the NICU and hospice before we could start grieving.  That my physical recovery has been fast.  That I have D, who is full of love and fiercely protective of our family.  That we have our parents, our families, our friends, and our health.  I know enough now that I cannot take any of these things for granted, but right now, I have them.

No comments :

Post a Comment