Friday, March 7, 2014

Facebook, part 1.

I was very nervous before I “came out” about Mila's stillbirth on Facebook.  On one hand, I just wanted to take the gag off and put it out there.  On the other, I was worried about how people would react.  Was this appropriate?  Would people judge me?  Would they think it was gauche?  And then I read this excellent article.  And then I saw this pop up in my feed:

Research demonstrates what I have intuitively suspected all along: couples without children have happier marriages! (link)

Kids result in less time for oneself and less time/focus from one's significant other. I spent a long time becoming an adult, and now that I am, I don't have any interest in doing or orienting my life around "kid things". Childrens TV shows, games, toys, movies, songs - you name it - I find irritating beyond belief.
Normally I wouldn’t care about this, but given the state I’m in, I found it really annoying.  I won’t even go into how unscientific this surveymonkey “research” is - that’s beside the point.  I personally think that if you want kids, having kids will make you happy; if you don’t want kids, not having kids will make you happy.  Is that really so complicated?  And I think not having kids is a perfectly valid choice, if that’s what you want.  What I don’t think is valid, is for some fuckface on Facebook to make a blanket statement about what will make me happy.  You know what would make me happy?  Getting Mila back.

Between this, stupid political views, the unending stream of happy baby pictures, and fake health news (EATING WHOLE LEMONS PREVENTS CANCER; VACCINES CAUSE AUTISM), I have had enough.

If this Facebookfuckface can feel within his rights to post this shit then I sure as fuck can post about my daughter.  If it makes people uncomfortable, that’s what the unfollow button is for.  I have been using it liberally lately; here, let me show you how.

No comments :

Post a Comment